Three months since my last post, better than nine months… but I plan to start doing this in smaller chunks. Seriously amazing stuff happens to me like every day and I want to share but it does not always happen, very rarely happens. I am actually considering some short vlogs too. My son is absolutely the biggest YouTube fan specifically the “Shaytards” and I think I would like to share my excitement and enthusiasm with the world but until then… I write. I have been sick for the last two weeks but spent Saturday through Monday in bed… I keep hearing this noise and then I’m like “oh ya, that’s my breathing” yup… it is that bad! Going back to work after one sick day or two is hard… we never have enough hours in the day and when I miss one or two full work days, I feel lost, behind, and in catch up mode. I have a whole list of “productivity reads” in my bookmarks to check out but I have yet to find the time. I notice that when I write and text I use”…” a lot so forgive me if my English/grammar is not “on point.” Anyway on to the good stuff and hopefully what I will be sharing more regularly with everyone.
What I learned today:
- “The Learner First” is going to change the perspective of many OKCPS teachers on assessment this year (hopefully in a great positive way, I am seeing the light!)
- Students are more than one test score and I am not the only who believes this
- The Math teacher in my cohort of Ts is looking for ways to increase autonomy along with the rigor…. (I think he wants to do something creative and fun, but data and test scores are holding him back, I plan to process all this and help!)
- Our Science teacher is doing some awesome stuff with ATP, respiration, actual murders and cyanide….
- Additionally I shared my love of “google drawings” and “SmartAMP” for diagramming and collaborating in his Science class and we are making plans for the amazing lessons to come… (these tools are not limited to Science)
- English teachers are really pretty cool…. I work with three and as I visited with my two ladies today I realized that every time I leave their classes I have a smile on my face (seriously). Oh and I totally need to sit and take notes in their classes more often because I need help in English!! 🙂
- Administration is hard to please 24/7 but I think if I keep doing my best it will all work out…
- There are a lot of Chiefs in education and a lot of Indians….
- My “to do” list keeps getting longer (I need to stop finding/adding and start checking things off!)
- Even when you make awesome things or do great work there is still more to be done and to do right after you finish the first awesome/great/amazing thing….
I know that is not everything I learned today but it is some…. I really do not like budgeting or paying bills, but I do love massages.