Woo Hoo! Playoff game 1 is a win for the JM Bears! Riley played his first indoor game tonight (they lost) but it is all good! My baby 8th graders are Seniors this year, it is so much fun to watch my students grow!
What I learned today:
- You can have a vision or idea but when great minds come together even better things are created!!
- That Voxer has been around a long time but using it for a PLN tool is pretty awesome, I love to listen to the ETcoaches chat on Voxer
- I am excited to hear what my teammates think of “PeekAPak” it’s this new social/emotional program/curriculum for K-3rd, I spoke to the co-founder Ami Shah and she is so awesome! I think PeekAPak is going to be great for students, teachers and parents.
- College App Day for our students is November 17, 2015 (volunteers for the community are coming into help students look through, research and apply to colleges during the school day) this is going to be #epic #bearsdoitbetter
- My weekly e-mails from Unsplash are awesome!
- I like freebies! Thinglink is doing a give away for creating a ThingLink LifeHack #stayamazing and Shakeup Learning is doing giveaways for the next 4 weeks (today was the end of week 1)
- I love Apple Mail (the mail client withing MacBooks) totally my favorite – “Smart Mailboxes” make my life better because I am addicted to the subscribe button (I don’t want to miss out!)
- Our OKCPS communications department is AHHHHmazing!
- My teammate and I spent some time this afternoon working in Google Sheets w/conditional formatting (fun stuff!) We so got our #datageek on!
- Conversations and explanations can lead to creativity and innovations…. (in my opinion)
- Reading and reflecting are critical to my processing….
I love shouting and cheering on my son in soccer and our Bears on the field but my throat is not such a fan…
Today was a good day. I spent the morning discussing “hot topics” for the district with a TLE lead and my awesome ETS team followed by a group pow-wow in the our boss’s office. I truly realize why we work so well as a team, each of us brings our own perspectives, questions, experiences and ideas to the table and the conversations are amazing! I wish people further on up the food chain could hear us talk sometimes…. honestly we could probably solve a lot of the issues they face! (jus sayin) On to more good stuff!
What I learned today:
- There are too many sites and programs and tools out there (this is great for competition and increasing effectiveness of these tools but….)
- I really want to know who makes decisions in our district to buy things like programs, software, etc…. (this is probably not my business but I am curious and would love to find out)
- The teachers at John Marshall Mid-High in OKC love their students and are like family (ya there are some odd balls in our group but they choose that life) #bearsdoitbetter
- Paperwork is necessary but sometimes it is a drag
- Planning a presentation for a conference is trickier than it sounds (I am so a get up and “wing it” kind of gal)
- Wunderlist allows you to e-mail your to-do lists in a check box format for those people not using Wunderlist
- Vocabulary.com has a national leader board of schools! and Individuals (I am so not into English but very into competition, so yes this site is for me too!!)
- #innovatorsmindset is a new hashtag I am going to follow on my TweetDeck!
- A nearby school (Enid, OK) is holding a student and teacher TEDx Talk!? on Saturday 11/14/15 (we want to have one at JM this Spring) so inspiring!
- One amazing teacher #mademyday by telling me that she appreciated my help as a coach and mentor (what?! me?) seriously made me so ecstatic! She is a beyond amazing first year teacher that is destined for greatness and I feel blessed to be along for the ride!
- Laughter is a necessity (even with your boss or bosses)
Dirty dishes are not fun especially dirty dishes that are not rinsed right away…. These can be a tad bit tricky to clean (resistant food) but I do love to eat! (Pork chops, Mac&Cheese, and Carrots for dinner, YUM!)