Woo Hoo! Playoff game 1 is a win for the JM Bears! Riley played his first indoor game tonight (they lost) but it is all good! My baby 8th graders are Seniors this year, it is so much fun to watch my students grow!
What I learned today:
- You can have a vision or idea but when great minds come together even better things are created!!
- That Voxer has been around a long time but using it for a PLN tool is pretty awesome, I love to listen to the ETcoaches chat on Voxer
- I am excited to hear what my teammates think of “PeekAPak” it’s this new social/emotional program/curriculum for K-3rd, I spoke to the co-founder Ami Shah and she is so awesome! I think PeekAPak is going to be great for students, teachers and parents.
- College App Day for our students is November 17, 2015 (volunteers for the community are coming into help students look through, research and apply to colleges during the school day) this is going to be #epic #bearsdoitbetter
- My weekly e-mails from Unsplash are awesome!
- I like freebies! Thinglink is doing a give away for creating a ThingLink LifeHack #stayamazing and Shakeup Learning is doing giveaways for the next 4 weeks (today was the end of week 1)
- I love Apple Mail (the mail client withing MacBooks) totally my favorite – “Smart Mailboxes” make my life better because I am addicted to the subscribe button (I don’t want to miss out!)
- Our OKCPS communications department is AHHHHmazing!
- My teammate and I spent some time this afternoon working in Google Sheets w/conditional formatting (fun stuff!) We so got our #datageek on!
- Conversations and explanations can lead to creativity and innovations…. (in my opinion)
- Reading and reflecting are critical to my processing….
I love shouting and cheering on my son in soccer and our Bears on the field but my throat is not such a fan…