Today was a good day. I spent the morning discussing “hot topics” for the district with a TLE lead and my awesome ETS team followed by a group pow-wow in the our boss’s office. I truly realize why we work so well as a team, each of us brings our own perspectives, questions, experiences and ideas to the table and the conversations are amazing! I wish people further on up the food chain could hear us talk sometimes…. honestly we could probably solve a lot of the issues they face! (jus sayin) On to more good stuff!
What I learned today:
- There are too many sites and programs and tools out there (this is great for competition and increasing effectiveness of these tools but….)
- I really want to know who makes decisions in our district to buy things like programs, software, etc…. (this is probably not my business but I am curious and would love to find out)
- The teachers at John Marshall Mid-High in OKC love their students and are like family (ya there are some odd balls in our group but they choose that life) #bearsdoitbetter
- Paperwork is necessary but sometimes it is a drag
- Planning a presentation for a conference is trickier than it sounds (I am so a get up and “wing it” kind of gal)
- Wunderlist allows you to e-mail your to-do lists in a check box format for those people not using Wunderlist
- Vocabulary.com has a national leader board of schools! and Individuals (I am so not into English but very into competition, so yes this site is for me too!!)
- #innovatorsmindset is a new hashtag I am going to follow on my TweetDeck!
- A nearby school (Enid, OK) is holding a student and teacher TEDx Talk!? on Saturday 11/14/15 (we want to have one at JM this Spring) so inspiring!
- One amazing teacher #mademyday by telling me that she appreciated my help as a coach and mentor (what?! me?) seriously made me so ecstatic! She is a beyond amazing first year teacher that is destined for greatness and I feel blessed to be along for the ride!
- Laughter is a necessity (even with your boss or bosses)
Dirty dishes are not fun especially dirty dishes that are not rinsed right away…. These can be a tad bit tricky to clean (resistant food) but I do love to eat! (Pork chops, Mac&Cheese, and Carrots for dinner, YUM!)